The RigMaster Generator addresses the problems of truck engine idle and DPF in the work zone for Class 6 trucks with high idle time. Work trucks, like TMA (truck mounted attenuator) trucks require electrical power to run lighting and computerized equipment. This is especially true of TMA trucks that have many safety lights, advanced warning arrow boards, radar boards, DVR systems and of course the attenuator, that all operate on electricity. The truck mounted generator saves you money on fuel consumption and wear-and-tear on the engine and is currently available for Class 6 trucks.
Many highway construction work zones require a TMA truck to idle for eight hour shifts, which burns between a half gallon and a full gallon of fuel per hour. The national average price per gallon of diesel is $3.30 as of 6/28/2021 (source: U.S. Energy Information Administration). Over the course of a year, using the truck five times a week, it would cost over $2,000 worth of diesel just from idling. Check out the video below to see how the truck mounted generator works to solve your DPF problems.
– Standard Unit Warranty is 1 year/2,000 hrs
– Low Battery Auto Start Feature
– Diamond Plate Aluminum APU Enclosure
– Electric Start
– Glow Plugs for Cold Weather Starting
– Installation Hardware Included
– 2 Cylinder Diesel Engine, Tier 4 Final, 10.5 hp @ 2400 RPM
– Fuel Consumption (avg.): 0.18 gallons/hour
– Generator: 6000 WATT, 120V AC
– Alternator: 170 AMP 12V DC,
– Dimensions: 22″W x 28½”H x 25″D
– Total System Weight 374 lbs
The Truck Mounted Generator fixes DPF problems by eliminating the need for your truck to idle. The generator runs all your truck’s electrical equipment so you don’t need to keep the engine running. You can’t know when your truck needs a regeneration when it’s idling with an empty cab. Sometimes the need for a regen is discovered after the truck has already derated – a truck owners worst nightmare. It can cost thousands of dollars to tow, repair and replace the DPF.